Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May Showers Bring June Flowers

Good Morning to you!  I hope you had a great start to the week; my day yesterday was pretty low key. The storm started yesterday afternoon with a light mist falling; it continued to be light until the middle of the night, when the sky opened up.  It was raining so hard it woke me up and continued to pour on and off during the night.  This morning I took Hunter outside, the last rain fall bothered him and I wanted to make sure it was not the start of something new.  I checked my brand new rain gauge, that I had wanted for years and we got about 1.5" of rain during the night.  Not as much as I thought, but still a good amount.  We are supposed to get rain every day this week.  I truly feel like we are living in the North West.  This is just so unusual for us, even during our Monsoon season we just don't get this much rain consistently. 
Hubby and I will be heading down to an Apple Store today to get my mini IPad fixed and have my phone checked-the battery depletes too quickly on it.  Then we may begin stocking up on chicken and turkey for our freezer;  word has it that chicken prices are going to skyrocket due to how the Bird Flu has ravaged chicken and turkey farms across the country.  We don't eat a lot of eggs, but we have a couple of friends who have chickens, so if need be we can always buy some from them.  Last time hubby and I ran to Costco, we couldn't believe how much the price of beef has gone up and now this with chicken prices set to soar.  Oh well.
I hope you have a wonderful day and that the sun is shining for you.
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. The sun IS shining for us and like always, those who have sun need rain. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your rains don't move east to Illinois. It sounds like we got a lot last week. It might not hurt for things to dry out a little. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so far over our averages for rain it's crazy. And more is coming!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had two nice sunny days here after a whole lot of rain, and now we have more rain coming in. OH well, at least we don't have to use the sprinkler system:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been the coolest, rainiest Spring I can remember in a long time! At least we're making up for lost time (rain) and might get out of drought status soon!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14