Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Amish Promises by Leslie Gould book review

Leslie Gould is a wonderful author who tells stories of family dynamics, Amish life and choices that the Amish have to make as well as healing.  This story weaves the intertwining of  a military family, with the husband Joel having suffered PTSD and physical injuries while in Iraq.  The family moves into the wife's grandparents home, praying that the quiet solitude will provide healing for Joel.  The Amish community provides friendship and help when needed.  The Lehman family next door are still adjusting to life without the mother; the husbands single sister Eve is helping to raise the children and run the household.  I loved this story because of the challenges that Eve faced dealing with her brother and the choices she made when she falls in love with an Englischer.  The plot kept me guessing as to what would occur next; the characters are rich and the story is sweet.
I was provided this book by Bethany House publishers for me honest opinion and review.  I was not compensated in any way.
I would rate this story 5 stars and I look forward to reading more of the author's books.

Enjoy your day!
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. That one sounds like a story I would take the time to read! I will need to put that in my phone and check around for it! Enjoy your day! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time we see an Amish book on Book Bub (and that is nearly every day) we think of you!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amish always interest mom. Aunties neighbors are Amish
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see if I can find this one. I've been a bit disappointed in the Amish genre of late so hopefully this one won't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good one! Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14