Friday, October 3, 2014

Fabric Fun

As you know, I took four granddaughters to Joanne's yesterday, to pick out fabric to make headbands from. We had such fun and the only thing better would have been if their Auntie Susan, aka sister of my heart-my sil, was with us. I'm sharing these photos today for her. The girls were so excited to be going on an outing with me and to be buying fabric of their choosing(o.k. mostly their choosing, I did need to give some direction though). I stressed how I wanted the girls to to pick what they liked and not just choose what their cousins choose-you know how best friends can be. Aletha, if you are reading this, you'll remember back to high school when we were inseparable and I wanted to wear all the same clothes you did.



Once they choose their fabrics, we had to choose some embellishments too. I couldn't believe how expensive buttons were.  Love the owl buttons.  I will have to make a head band up prior to our next sewing lesson.  I will say shopping with the girls was so much fun, we may have to make it part of our sewing classes.  From all these fabrics, I'm thinking they will get two headbands each; maybe they will be able to give a matching one to their cousins.  They will also be making headbands for their younger sisters and mommas.
Hope you have a splendid Friday!  I'm off with a friend shopping this morning and then will work on my quilt.
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. What fun!!!! Love their fabric choices too! Buttons are ridiculously expensive. That is why I buy thrift store clothing, quite often for the buttons alone!!!! I could buy a garment for one dollar that had 8 interesting buttons on it!!
    Can't wait to see their headbands!
    And YES, we would have such fun getting into trouble together!!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retail therapy is fun, isn't it Noreen? Nice fabric!! Hugs, Jeanne and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun..I would love to do something like this. So far the only one interested in sewing is only 5. I am also anxious to see your headbands. I need to learn how to make those! Enjoy your week-end Noreen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics ! Sounds like you had a fun time . We have a huge warehouse store here called Lens Mill that has every type of fabric out there including old prints that are discontinued everywhere else oh and all the British prints to and yarn oh my walls and walls of everything !it is a country craft haven lol ! Thanks for sharing , looking forward to the finished product . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun outing you had! Next week I'm taking my 3 K's out to take some special photo's to give their parents for Christmas! I'm so excited that I will have my oldest for fall break! Enjoy your sewing lessons with those sweet girls!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project and look forward to seeing them finished. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will have to give our mom a private tutorial on how you did that....and pictures....stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharing this gift with your grands is so wonderful. They will cherish this time for many decades!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14