Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Happy September

It seems like just yesterday, I was posting photos of our favorite island Kauai. It is hard to believe it was four months ago; so much has taken place in those four months. Firstly, when we got back at the beginning of May started unpacking at our new home. It takes months to really settle in; by the time we were comfortable, our daughter's move was right around the corner. She's been in her new house now for a month. I'm pleased to say we love our new home and I think Kim's family is settling in quite well. They've had some great learning experiences-an owl or two hanging out in their area and also a resident bat that they have been able to observe. You will be seeing photos of Kauai all week. The first two are the sunrise on our first morning. I joined hubby, but he wakes up earlier than I do, so was able to get early morning photos.


These two Monk Seals were playing at a beach we had never been to before. We started out our morning pretty early, for folks who don't have a time clock to watch and although we couldn't get really close for photos, it was fun to watch them play. The volunteer told us that two were born back in May.

This is the day I had a bit of a over-heating incident. This photo was taken before I started feeling weak. When we left for the day, I thought we were just driving up to a beach and didn't prepare properly for the hike and boulder hopping we did. You can see the boulders we had to climb over. It didn't help that we were both in flip-flops either. WE did have lots of water, but I had totally forgotten to have something like Gatoraid with us. It was so hot and humid and I didn't even think about losing minerals as I was sweating.

Nene's, the official Hawaiian bird.
This is the arch-hard to see, that we were climbing to get a photo of. The next photo is better.  Sometimes, us older adults need to be reminded of our age-I still think I should be able to do things I did in my 20's, 30's and 40's.

This is the side of the hill I had to climb up to see the arch.  It wasn't too bad, but I think the obsidian boulders were so hot, the heat just transferred to my body. 
After we got back to the car, we headed for the condo and I laid down the rest of the afternoon. 
So this was our first day in Kapaa.  Love it there but still love being home; otherwise hubby would probably move us there. 
I hope you had a great weekend, I've got to go meet Kam to walk the pups, so best end this.
A Hui Hou to you friend, or "until we meet again".
Noreen

9 comments:

  1. Gosh it sure sounded very hot and humid but it does look beautiful. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! My daughter has lived in Hawaii up until June, serving in the Navy. She just now moved to her career in Washington DC and now my son, also in the Navy has just gotten to Hawaii where he will work his naval life. My daughter always talked about the humidity there. We are used to extreme heat living in Texas..........but not humidity which can be worse! Keep enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....sooo beautiful! But yes I can see how it might be a recipe for overheating climbing around on that in humid hot weather. Glad you recovered quickly with no problems. LOVED the morning sunrise shots. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom has no problem seeing pictures of Kauai all week. She loves that place
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Yes, no one can accuse you of letting any dust gather on you as of late!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws
    "Use Your Noodle & Vote For A Doodle!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your pictures, it looks so beautiful! Have a blessed week.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos!
    Happy September!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, sometimes my body reminds me that I'm not in my 30's or 40's any more. I am slowly but surely learning to listen to it.

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14